Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Since Valentine's Day fell on the Sunday that Brian's parents were in town for a visit, we chose to celebrate it on Tuesday 2/16 instead. Brian & I had been debating back and forth about whether or not we wanted to go out to dinner, and if so - where? I thought it would be nice (and cheaper!) to make dinner at home. After a little research, I found the perfect meal... with a Greek theme! I would make Shrimp Guvetsaki, a Greek salad, and some fresh baked bread with butter.

Brian had to work that day, so I had all day to prepare for our special night! I spent the morning running some errands. I went to the mall to pick out Brian's gifts, and then I went to the grocery store to buy the ingredients to make our yummy dinner. I picked up 2 cute balloons for Brian... one was heart shaped and said "Happy Valentine's Day" and the other one was a giant frog who was holding a heart that said "I Love You!" I also picked up some candles, to make our dinner even more romantic! =)

During my travels, I accidentally left my wallet in my cart at the ghetto Food Lion... I realized it about 10 minutes later but it was already too late... someone had taken it! Sneaky, sticky-fingered CROOKS!!! Luckily, I only had $1 in cash in my wallet so they didn't get away with much... and thankfully I realized it was missing pretty quickly, so I got home and canceled my credit cards before any of them had been used. That part was a pain-in-the-butt, but I wasn't going to let it ruin my night!

Brian came home from work with a dozen long stemmed red roses for me... aren't they beautiful??


Our dinner turned out GREAT! Even better than I had hoped it would! Here's what everything looked like...


Shrimp Guvetsaki


Greek salad


our cute table!

After dinner, we exchanged gifts. Brian got me 2 cards - one was funny and the other was sappy. The sappy one made me cry, but they were happy tears! I got Brian some new cologne called Lacoste Essential... it smells SO good!!! I also got him a pair of pajama shorts (with cute little polar bears on them!) and a couple new t-shirts. Brian got me some perfume that I've really been wanting... it's called Clinique Happy In Bloom, and I LOVE it!!! He also got me a pair of pajama pants and some new socks (I have a "thing" for socks!) and some yummy delicious candy! Afterwards, we watched a movie called "I Hate Valentine's Day!" which was pretty stupid, but it was fun to watch a movie together anyway.

What a perfect, low-key night for me and my valentine! He is the bestest! =)

No comments: