Saturday, February 27, 2010

Secret Identity

I just realized it's been almost a week since I blogged last... I don't want to start getting behind again, but I haven't felt like I've had anything "new" to talk about. I did think of a funny story to tell, from a few months ago...

Back at the beginning of December, Brian took me to Pittsburgh for the weekend. We stayed at a hotel and played tourists for the weekend... we shopped, did some sight-seeing, had some good eats, and even went to a Steelers game at Heinz Field! We checked out of our hotel on Sunday morning and headed down to the Strip District (it's not what you're thinking!) to grab a few last minute souveniers before it was time for the football game. After the game (unfortunately, the Steelers LOST!) we went to my most favoritest restaurant in da 'Burgh, Primanti Brothers, before we started the 4.5 hour drive back home. Once we got home, I realized that I didn't have my cellphone charger with me. Mentally, I back-tracked my steps and right away I knew that I had left it at the hotel! I researched the phone number for the hotel and called the front desk. My conversation went something like this:

me: "hi, my name is Nikki Jomidad and I was a guest there this weekend... I think I left my cellphone charger in my hotel room and I was wondering if anyone had turned it in?"

desk clerk: "do you know what room you stayed in?"

me: "yes, ma'am. I was in room #131.

desk clerk: "what did you say your name was again?"

me: "Nikki Jomidad, but the room was registered in my boyfriend's name... Brian McGuire."

desk clerk: "ok, can you call back in about 10 minutes? I'm going to have to check the room."

I told the desk clerk exactly where I was 99% sure the charger should be... and I kept my fingers crossed that she would find it! This was somewhat of a big deal for me, but apparently people leave things in hotel rooms all the time! When I called back a little bit later, the desk clerk told me that she'd found my charger. I asked her what arrangements I needed to make, in order to get it back? She told me that usually people just provided their credit card number and they were charged the fee for shipping & handling. I gave her my credit card number and the rest of the pertinent information... the expiration, the name on the card (which I had to spell out for her), the security code on the back, etc. She verified my name and said I could expect to receive my charger in the mail in a few days.

Later that week, I found a package in my mailbox that looked like this...


I'm not sure how they derived "Crenshaw" from J-O-M-I-D-A-D... I could understand if they wrote "Nikki McGuire" since atleast that's the name the room had been booked under... but whatever! I don't know who this Nikki Crenshaw person is, but I'm thankful that I have my charger back! LoL

1 comment:

April E. :) said...

I didn't know you BLOGGED. This pleases me. I shall read more :P

...and that's too funny. Maybe that's your femme fatal, alter-ego's name! Use it girl! WORK IT.

"I'm Nikki Crenshaw stud, come here often?!" haha