Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy 81st Birthday, Grandma!!!

My Grandma, Carlita Mae Whitlock, was born on February 21st, 1929 in West Virginia. Today, she celebrated her 81st birthday.

My Grandma has accomplished many things in those 81 years... she has been a mother to 9, a grandmother 14, a great-grandmother to 21, and even a great-great-grandmother to 1! How many people can say that?! My Grandmother was not only in the delivery room when I was born, she was also the first person to hold me! Our bond has remained strong and I'm very proud to be able to call her my own!

In honor of Grandma's special day, we had a family breakfast at my sister's house. Kelly did a great job of making a delicious meal... we had waffles, hash browns, sausage links, sausage patties, bacon, juice, milk, coffee, tee, etc. It was sooooo good!

After breakfast, we all gathered around the Birthday Girl in the living room so we could give her the birthday cards and presents we'd bought for her.

Happy 81st Birthday, Grandma... we love you VERY much!!


me and the Birthday Girl!! =)


Brian (the Bears' fan) & Grandma (the Steelers' fan), wearing their shirts proudly =)


P.S. Here's a neat little tidbit of information... Grandma was born in 1929 and in 2010, she will turn 81; I was born in 1981 and in 2010, I will turn 29! I'm not sure how often something like that happens, and I don't have the math brain to figure it out, but I think it's kinda cool anyway! LoL

No comments: