Sunday, July 4, 2010

Date Night!

Since Brian was such a good sport about not getting to play mini-golf during his birthday weekend at the beach, I thought it would be fun if we could have a date night and still play a round of golf a little closer to home... there are two places in Harford County that offer mini-golf/putt putt: Churchville Mini-Golf and Putt-Putt Fun Center in Abingdon. I've been to the Abingdon Putt-Putt Fun Center once, YEARS ago... but I'd never been to Churchville Mini-Golf. I asked some friends of mine who had gone to both, and they recommended Churchville Mini-Golf over the Putt-Putt Fun Center. After Brian came home from work and changed into some more comfortable clothes, we went out for dinner. I let Brian choose the restaurant since technically this date night was a continuation of his birthday celebration... he picked Cracker Barrel! :)

Then we headed to Churchville Mini-Golf. We only played one game, but the course consisted of 19 different holes. It was so much fun, even if Brian did beat me!




After we finished playing golf, we walked across the parking lot to get some ice cream! The Arctic Circle is an old fashioned ice cream stand that opened in 1966 and has been run by the same family for all these years. It's the type of place that everyone needs to visit atleast once... the ice cream is good but the nostalgia is even better!

their snazzy new sign is the only non-vintage thing about them!

a little piece of Harford County's history!


Brian got a large twist cone... I got a medium chocolate cone w/rainbow sprinkles!

when we got home, Myrtle Jean shared a few licks of my ice cream cone :)

I LOVE our date nights! :)

No comments: