Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hello God... it's me, Nikki

The other day I heard a song that really hit home with me... it's a beautiful song, but listening to the words just made it that much more awesome. After a little research, I found out that it's called "Before The Morning" by Josh Wilson.

Here's a link to the video, and here are the lyrics:

Do you ever wonder why you have to
Feel the things that hurt you
If there's a God who loves you
Where is He now?

Maybe there are thing you can't see
And all those things are happening
To bring a better ending

Someday, somehow, you'll see... you'll see

Would you dare, would you dare to believe
That you still have a reason to sing
'Cause the pain that you've been feeling
Can't compare to the joy that's coming
So hold on, you've gotta wait for the light
Press on and just fight the good fight
'Cause the pain that you've been feeling
It's just the dark before the morning

My friend, you know how this all ends
You know where you're going
You just don't know how you'll get there
So say a prayer

And hold on, 'cause there's good for those who love God
But life is not a snapshot
It might take a little time
But you'll see the bigger picture

Once you feel the weight of glory
All your pain will fade to memory

It's just the hurt before the healing
Oh the pain that you've been
It's just the dark before the morning

They say hindsight is 20/20 and boy, are they right! I've had my fair share of ups and downs over the years (sometimes it felt like MORE than my fair share!) and I can remember feeling like things couldn't get much worse and like they'd NEVER get better. Some wise people told me back then that "everything happens for a reason" and that one day I'd be able to look back at my life and realize why it had taken the many twists and turns along the way... back then, I thought they were crazy to think that! But now I know what they meant...

One of my favorite quotes is "sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together" - I wouldn't change any of the "bad times" because they've all led me to the good times. I couldn't be happier with the path my life is heading down these days... I've got so many things to be thankful for... a secure job, a family that loves me, and a boyfriend that appreciates me. Like the song says, the pain that I've felt at different times throughout the years was just the dark before the morning... all those things were happening to bring a better ending. This IS my better ending! :)

1 comment:

April E. :) said...

Aweee I love that song too!! Glad to hear you have found your better ending!